In this short blog I’m going to break down step-by-step how you can secure more B2B clients with your message.
It’s 2021 and everyone is talking about “authenticity” in marketing.
But, what is authenticity, and how do you show it in your inbound marketing?
I’ve come up with a system that works for both me and my clients. As a copywriter there’s a certain process I go through when creating words that sell.
Authenticity is about two things:
Without both of those bullet points your message lacks and comes across as manipulative.
Let’s get down to the nitty gritty…
B2B Marketing Strategies 101: Do The RESEARCH
If your research is lack luster from the beginning then your entire campaign will fail.
Anytime you’re ready to create social media content, blogs, email sequences, or any other marketing collateral, you need to research what your audience wants to see from you.
My favorite way of starting this process is by reviewing previous testimonials.
Think back to conversations you’ve had with previous clients and potential clients who decided not to work with you.
Pay attention to the words they used and phrases they associated with their need or problem.
Listen to the sales objections and fears they had about working with you and then use those same phrases and words in your marketing message.
Here are a few other ways to conduct research before establishing your message:
• IG story polls
• LinkedIn conversations (your ideal clients are having)
• Browsing Facebook groups with your target market is one of the best B2B marketing strategies
• Googling your competition or services similar to yours and seeing where they lack
• Sending polls to your email list
• Reaching out to your network or a marketing coach for advice on whether you’re message comes across as clear and authentic
Authenticity: What Does it Mean?
After you’ve conducted research and document your findings, it’s time to find power words and the story that will shape your brand.
This is a part of your overall authenticity.
It’s best to be yourself and let your brand personality shine – especially as a Personal Brand or agency that is focused mostly on your unique service.
As a high-ticket service provider your audience will choose to buy from you once they trust you and know you’re being true to you aka authenticity.
There are so many fakes out there so it’s no wonder your audience needs this extra cushioning to trust you with spending thousands of dollars.
Remember, people buy from those they LIKE.
9 times out of 10 you’ll buy from a small shop that you’re familiar with and love the overall atmosphere and branding because there’s something about that brand that relates to YOU.
(Which is another reason being specific in your message is crucial)
Here are a few ways to show authenticity in your content marketing:
• Tell your origin story from different views and at different stages
• Zoom into WHY you started your business and go beyond surface level to tell this story
• Ask open ended questions to spark conversation related to the problem you solve
• Tell about a time your business was vulnerable and how you overcame it (if possible relate this back to the problem your company solves)
• Create a list of 4-5 values you want associated with your business and stick to them
• Create a list of power words like this one. These are words you like and want to be associated with.
That wraps up this short blog. You learned how to conduct market research as it relates to your message and how to go step-by-step when creating content that aligns with your brand values.
Authenticity and consistency is at the heart of a compelling marketing message.
Using the above tools and documentation you’ll be able to convert new clients effortlessly – while creating tons of valuable content in less time!
For more information on brand messaging and to convert new clients with your copywriting apply to work with me here.